Minister for Development Dimitris Sioufas, the head of the Greek delegation, is travelling today to Brussels, where the European Union Competitiveness and Development Council is to take place from 24 to 26 November.
Greece was represented by deputy finance minister Christos Folias, ministry of development general secretaries Spiros Papdopoulos (Industry), Prof Ioannis Tsoukalas (Research and Technology) and Dimitris Vrettakos (Trade), special secretary for competitiveness Spiros Efstathopoulos, and ministry of development officials.
The issues to be discussed at the Competitiveness and Development Council include:
- Economic situation and competitiveness
- Interim re-examination of the Lisbon Strategy – Kok Report
- Improvement and simplification of legislative and regulatory provisions
- Proposed chemicals regulations
- Proposed Directive regarding services in the internal market
- Proposed Directive on cross-border mergers of capital companies
- Textiles & clothing. Recommendations of the high-level group
- Space policy
- Commission announcement: Science and technology, the key to Europe’s future. Guidelines for the European Union’s policy for research.